Kollu Rasam





  • Drain and save any Kollu water from boiling the kollu
  • Make Kollu chutney with the drained kollu
  • Dry roast 1tsp corriander seeds, 0.5tsp cumin, 0.25tsp pepper, 0.25tsp methi and fine grind them
  • Coarse grind 4 small onions (pearl onions)
  • In 1 tsp of hot oil, temper 0.25tsp mustard seeds, few curry leaves
  • Saute the ground onion, 3 chopped garlic cloves, 1 red chilly
  • Add 1 medium chopped tomato and saute until oil leaves by the sides
  • Save a little bit and mix the rest of the ground powder
  • Add 1 cup of tamarind juice
  • Add the drained kollu water
  • Add 1tbsp of kollu chutney
  • Add plain water to the desired consistency
  • Let it cook until it begins to froth
  • Add the remaining ground powder
  • Turn off the stove and serve hot with rice or as soup
  • This brings great relief to those runny noses and sore throats
Here is another variation of this Kollu Rasam.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Thenu,
    First I am amazed with your multi-talent personality. Man!! how do you do that. I can give you Super Mom!! title.

    I bumped into your site for Kollu rasam, and spent 2 hours reading your tech to home school to kitchen.

    Wow!! I am also a professional, but always fussed about the house work and clean up stuff. But after I read your posts, man you make it look so simple.

    BTW: the kollu rasam came out good, but I modified it a bit.

    Thanks.
    Niranjana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Niranjana!
    Pls post your variation to Kollu rasam too. :)
    And I am no super mom. :) Honestly, I do the same you all do except finding time to blog them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 26, 2011

    Thenu why is you previous post deleted?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont remember why anonymous. But the logical explanation could be, since a comment/response cannot be edited after it is published, I generally delete my comment and put a new one if I make any typos.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...