Vegetable Stir Fry with Tofu and Egg


Vegetable Stir Fry is my fav in Thai/Chinese cuisines. I always wondered how to cook this dish at home. So long! Today I summoned all my courage and dived in the kitchen to give it a try.

The recipe is a fusion of all the procedures I collected on the web. I tweaked it to my taste and God, it tasted so delicious, I can't stop eating. I somehow managed to save Tamil a little to taste. ;) Hey, I could make this anytime he wants - it only takes about 10mins.

Ok..before I forget what I did, here is my recipe..And yeah this would make 1 serving. (I wasn't sure how it would turn out so I made just enough for one person. I should have trusted myself a bit more.)

Make a concoction of the following for the sauce:

1. Stir fry sauce - 0.5tbsp

2. Soy sauce - 1tbsp

3. Rice vinegar - 0.25tbsp

4. Water - 0.5tbsp

5. Chilly paste - 0.25tbsp

6. Pepper powder - 0.5tsp

  • In a bowl break an egg (or just egg white) and beat lightly with 0.5tsp of soy sauce and little pepper (This step is optional if you dont like to add eggs)
  • Heat the pan to high
  • Add 1 tbsp or less oil
  • Scramble the egg mixture quickly and transfer to a plate
  • In the same pan, fry 2 chopped garlics, 1 green chilly, 0.25 medium size onion chopped into big wedges
  • Stir fry all the veges you want in high heat for a about 2 mins or until the veges go aldente (cooked yet crisp)
  • I used Cauliflower, Broccoli, Carrots, Snow Peas, Celery
  • Now pour your sauce concoction and stir fry for another min or two
  • Finally toss in the Tofu cubes. Give it a quick stir
  • Just before you turn off the stove, toss the eggs in and stir once
  • Garnish with cilantro
  • Serve hot with plain rice or Thai Fried Rice

Tips:

Do not overcook brocoli - it would ruin the dish. Add it at the very last. Carrots take some time to cook. So add that in first.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...