Whole Wheat Dosa




A very simple and nutritious dosa in whole wheat flour.

To make 5 dosas:
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1.5 cups of water
salt per taste
optional: 1 tbsp of curd
optional: 1 tbsp of rice flour
optional: 1 tbsp of fine ground Flaxseeds  (heart healthy!)

Blend the above using an electric mixer into a smooth batter with no lumps.
You may even mix it with bare hands - my mom used to do so! But I can never get that smooth texture so I employ the electric mixer. Just stir up the contents on moderate speed for 2 mins or till no lumps. Set aside for 15 mins minimum.

You may season the batter if eating with no side dish:
Heat 1 tsp of oil and season it with 1 tsp of mustard seeds, 1 tsp of cumin seeds, 1 tsp of chana dhal, 1 tsp of urad dhal, 1 spring of curry leaves, 1 red chilly (broken into small pieces).
Now toss the seasonings into the batter and give it a stir.

Heat the dosa tava and pour the batter and make circles like you do for regular dosa.
Optional: Add a tsp of oil around the edges
Cover and cook for a minute
Flip the dosa and cook the other side uncovered for another minute.

Serve hot with a side dish or as is (if the batter is seasoned).
Kids may love it with sugar too.

7 comments:

  1. I could not see any recipe for this. How to make this. This looks like an easy instant recipe type dosa. I would love to have the recipe, Thenu. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came out awesone! Thanks a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Arun, Glad to know that. U a bachelor? :) A ton thanks for this simple recipe made me think so. LOL. Anyways, try adding 1 tbsp of flaxseeds (fine ground) to the batter and it is even more tastier and healthier too.
    If you don't like it.. then you did not hear it from me. Okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes you are right :) This one is anytime quick tastier receipe. Sure I will try the next time with flaxseeds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And the best part I like is that you give receipe for one serving/one person :) [Havent read all of your receeipes though]

    ReplyDelete
  6. //the best part I like is that you give receipe for one serving/one person //
    I am not good in cooking big batches.. oops the cat is out. Ok you did not hear that from me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...