Mulberry 65 Yogurt Smoothie


Best friend bestowed upon the friendship hundreds of Mulberries from her Backyard. Given its shorter shelf life I chose to make a smoothie out of it. This time I did not add any other fruit because the task at hand is to use as many Mulberries as possible in the drink. I added 65 of them. Why 65? hehe only then I can name the drink Mulberry 65. Thats why. :D

I added a Coconut flavored Yogurt to add some creamy texture to the drink. It was still tart so added a half a cup of Orange Juice to bring in some sweetness. All in all the smoothie was rich. But I must say that Mulberry is as it is an acquired taste. If you dare to add so many of them in one drink, you can imagine the outcome. My dear scapegoat (aka kid) did not mind but I was skeptical until I see him gulp down the drink without any complaints.

Recipe:
65 Mulberries
1 cup of flavored Yogurt
1/2 cup of Orange Juice

Grind the berries to fine paste and then add the yogurt and give it a whip in the blender.
Then add Juice and blend them all together. You may add crushed ice to the drink but I do not.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...