Avocado Smoothie

When I was a child, I used to have Avocado as dessert when it was in season. It is called Butterfruit, apt name for its creamy buttery texture and taste. Just mash it with some sugar and smoothy creamy dessert is ready. It took me some time to see it as a non sweet item when I was introduced to guacamole. I am still not fully accustomed so to speak.
So when I stumbled upon the Vietnamese Avocado Shake I was drawn to it all the more excited as if I had found someone speaking my mother tongue in a foreign land. 
I could only figure out the ingredients so went with some trial and error measurements. It came out good.

1 Ripe Avocado
1/2 cup Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 cup of 2% Milk
2 cups of crushed Ice

I think I have to play with the measurements a bit more though.. it was very dense. Tasty yet too rich. My little one was not excited at it. As it is he is not a fan of Avocado unlike me. I still lean towards my simple dessert of avocado and sugar. This smoothie is an evil pleasure.. I may try my hand at making a healthier version of it.. but got to wait until my avocado-hater at home forgets the taste of Today's green smoothie. For the rest of you, it is worth a try, so attempt this smoothie to decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...